UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortex-A9 MMU and cache relationship

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to simplify the boot code of PS, because i don't use any OS on the chip, just bare-run. Then i want to disable the MMU. But i find cache and MMU are related in cortex-a9 technical reference, is it safe to use cache while disable MMU?

Thanks .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Cortex-A9 MMU and cache relationship

Jump to solution

huangj852010@163.com

The MMU & cache work in pair.  Enabling the cache / no MMU will not allow you to set the type of caching; i.e. memory, device, strongly ordered; the MMU table provides this info.  More importantly, if the cache could operate without the MMU, how could accesses to the peripherals registers region be un-cached (that's the MMU job).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Cortex-A9 MMU and cache relationship

Jump to solution

huangj852010@163.com

The MMU & cache work in pair.  Enabling the cache / no MMU will not allow you to set the type of caching; i.e. memory, device, strongly ordered; the MMU table provides this info.  More importantly, if the cache could operate without the MMU, how could accesses to the peripherals registers region be un-cached (that's the MMU job).

0 Kudos