UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

EDK Interrupt controller test freezes

Jump to solution

Hello,

Everytime I run the selftest of a custom core with interrupt capability it freezes on the following instruction (tested with xmd):

INTEST_mWriteReg(baseaddr, INTEST_INTR_IPISR_OFFSET, Reg32Value);

In hyperterminal I only see

Interrupt controller test...
   - IP (user logic) interrupt status : 0x00000000
   - clear IP (user logic) interrupt status register

Why is this happening?Any ideas?

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: EDK Interrupt controller test freezes

Jump to solution

I have solved this by noticing a bug on EDK.

If the ISC is not selected in the peripheral create wizard, the created driver for the custom core still tries to write to a specific ISC register. This can be avoided by setting the C_INCLUSE_DPHASE_TIMER to 1 (easily set by right-clicking in the core in assembly view->Configure IP), which will allow timeout upon a unacknowledged instruction, as is the case. Therefore the freeze disapears as it overcomes writing to an unknown register if we don't activate the ISC device when generating the custom core.

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: EDK Interrupt controller test freezes

Jump to solution

I have solved this by noticing a bug on EDK.

If the ISC is not selected in the peripheral create wizard, the created driver for the custom core still tries to write to a specific ISC register. This can be avoided by setting the C_INCLUSE_DPHASE_TIMER to 1 (easily set by right-clicking in the core in assembly view->Configure IP), which will allow timeout upon a unacknowledged instruction, as is the case. Therefore the freeze disapears as it overcomes writing to an unknown register if we don't activate the ISC device when generating the custom core.

Best,

JM

0 Kudos