UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enabling zynq PS UARt

Hello All,

I have 2 questions.

1) I have a zynq zc 7020 processor. I need to utilize the UART0 of PS and connect it with my WIFI module CC3200. CC3200 is a 4 wired UART. I want to know whether this can be done on vivado? What is the procedure to do it. Should i connect the UART signals in the Zynq PS to the CC3200 by writing a HSDL code?

2) Can I generate a constraints file for the PS subsection by enabling the PS UART? Or is it only if I connect the AXI GPIO or some submodules that i can generate the constraints file?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Enabling zynq PS UARt

You can enable UART0 in Zynq processing system of block design.

Externally, you can connect Wifi pins to the respective MIOs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replly. I will need only Tx, Rx, RTS and CTS signals of UART 0. Do I need to use AXI UART 16550 ip core to bring these signals to the outside world so that they can be connected to the CC3200 module on my PCB? Please confirm.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

You can pull out PS UART signals to PL section using EMIO - this way you will not need the AXI UART 16550 IP. Check fig 19-1 in Zynq TRM:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf
0 Kudos

Okay. Is the AXI UART 16550 for the 3rd UART which I may create in the PL? To bring PL uart signals externally?

0 Kudos
Visitor mostafa01
Visitor

hi all

I have a problem. I have a zybo board zynq7000, I want use UART PS, what Pins use zybo for send and receive data? i need a code for send and receive a message.

please help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos