UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor kganesh90
Visitor

Error while compiling U-boot

I get the following error while building U-boot for zc702. 

DTC arch/arm/dts/zynq-zc702.dtb
dtc: invalid option -- 'i'
Usage:
dtc [options] <input file>

Have not been able to find good source online to resolve this issue. Any inputs? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error while compiling U-boot

hi

which version of u-boot are you using?

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Did you generate dtc manually? Please state the steps you followed to reproduce the issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Visitor kganesh90
Visitor

@smarell 

I used to get a lot of errors while building.

The steps I followed to get this issue:

1. I installed dtc manually since it was not available in the system. sudo apt-get install dtc 

2. Inside the /u-boot-xlnx directory, I run make zynq_zc702_config and then run make

I get this error after some point. I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

@smarell

Error_u-boot.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor kganesh90
Visitor

@htsvn

I'm using the latest available on GIT. Downloaded on 2nd March 2017. Please look through the above reply for the screenshot of the error. 

@htsvn

0 Kudos