UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer saban
Observer

How can I generate device tree for KC705 & AD6676 setup?

Hi,

I have a KC705 & AD6676 setup. I'm using analog devices's reference design that is working on microblaze.

I need to generate a devicetree(dts&dtsi) for my setup.

I tried to modify already exist dts files but It could not work properly.

Analog devices's repo have many dts files for different board&fmc double.

I used "vc707_ad6676evb.dts" and "vc707_ad6676evb_pl.dtsi" as base devicetree reference.

I merged base dts files with KC705&Ad9467' dts files(kc705_ad9467_fmc.dts and kc705_ad9467_fmc_pl.dtsi).

AD9467 uses LPC and AD6676 uses HPC. I think, I made a mistake related with FMC slot.

I only replaced Ethernet related lines in vc707&ad6676 wtih KC705&AD9467 dts files.

After generating new device tree(attached), and installation, I can ping board from PC but I could not list any device on board with iio_info command(dmesg and iio_info result is attached.)

In conclusion, I could not modify dts files properly.

I searched in your forum. Xilinx has devicetree generator tools but most of people say: There are many problems in new version of generator. You have to use old version. It  works fine ...

I want to ask you: What is the best way for generating devicetree? You recommend which way?

Please guide me. How can I use this tool, or tcl script...

Thanks in advance. 

20150921_143008.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer saban
Observer

Re: How can I generate device tree for KC705 & AD6676 setup?

Hi again,

My question has not been answered yet.

I tried Xilinx SDK 2014.4 and 2015.2(screen shot attached).

I also download different versions of xilinx git repos. It doenst work also.

Please lead me. 

Bsp_Settings.png

0 Kudos