UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor vig05141996
Visitor

How to access PS ethernet without using PS DDR

Can anyone please give some ideas for Accessing my PS ethernet, 

I have a custom board having ZYNQ 7000 SOC (XC7Z045ffg900-2) with ethernet, UART , and QSPI alone connected in PS side and DDR connected in PL side 

I am new to SOC design, I tried to use emacps example design but it uses ps DDR, Is there any possibility to use my PS ethernet without using PS DDR, give some ideas.

Thanks in advance

Regards 

Vignesh,C

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: How to access PS ethernet without using PS DDR

@vig05141996,

You should read the Zynq Book.

Free dwnld after regd: http://www.zynqbook.com/download-book.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor vig05141996
Visitor

I had gonethrough The Zynq book but couldn't got any reference for accessing ethernet without using DDR

Without using DDR is it possible to use PS ethernet?,  Kindly provide any example as soon as possible 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Vignesh.C

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

@vig05141996,

I am new to SOC design, I tried to use emacps example design but it uses ps DDR, Is there any possibility to use my PS ethernet without using PS DDR, give some ideas.

I had gonethrough The Zynq book but couldn't got any reference for accessing ethernet without using DDR

In one night the complete book? You are surprisingly fast!

That book does not have an READY-MADE example design. I referred it to clear your fundamentals on the Zynq sub-system. Without understanding, clearing the fundamentals, it makes little sense to copy a design and implement it.

Without using DDR is it possible to use PS ethernet?

Wait...first -- what are you referring to by DDR? DDR* External memory?

Note- If you don't tag me, I may never read your post again.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos