UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer kane06
Observer

How to align different data width in different memories?

Jump to solution

Hi, my project need to load data to a special ram with data width of something weird like 300 bit, for now I'm using a bram controller connected to CDMA. With this 300-bit width, it's clear that I cannot just connect my ram to controller directly.

Is there any solution for this issue? I'm thinking about creating a module to concatenate a group of input data to get a 300-bit output and calculate a new address.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to align different data width in different memories?

Jump to solution

Hello @kane06 

It sounds like your initial idea of a custom IP would be best for this, as it sounds like a weird data-packing issue.  You might be able to get away with the AXI Data Width Converter inside of the AXI Interconnect or AXI SmartConnect, but I am not sure that will adequately handle changing to such a unique bit-width.

Thanks,
Caleb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @kane06 

It sounds like your initial idea of a custom IP would be best for this, as it sounds like a weird data-packing issue.  You might be able to get away with the AXI Data Width Converter inside of the AXI Interconnect or AXI SmartConnect, but I am not sure that will adequately handle changing to such a unique bit-width.

Thanks,
Caleb
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer kane06
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you @calebd . As implemention of AXI sounds much harder, I'll keep it to a custom module and place it between BRAM controller and BRAM.

0 Kudos