UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

How to share memory between two microblazes?

I have a dual microblaze design. I would keep all the buses separated but i want the microblazes to communicate using a bram.

So every microblaze has its own LMB Bus with its own BRAM for data and instruction.

I tried to add a LMB BRAM controller with 2 LMB ports, 1 connected to LMB Bus of Microblaze 1 and the other connected to LMB Bus of Microblaze 2.

Then this controller have the BRAM port connected to Port A of a Dual Port BRAM (The other port is unconnected)

This solution doesn't work, i have problem when exporting design to SDK in the bram initialization i suppose...

How is the correct way to do this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: How to share memory between two microblazes?

make an axi interconnect with a 2x1 crossbar and attach the two slave ports to each mb and the master port to the blockram controller.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How to share memory between two microblazes?

Thank you for your suggestion, i used the already present axi lite buses, 1 for each microblaze and then i connected 1 controller for each bus.

Maybe your solution is better, i will try

0 Kudos