UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISIM updating

I simulate a microblaze project with ISIM, but every time i change the c code i should delete the testbench.exe file and rerun simultaion to get the ISIM result updated, how can i avoid doing this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ISIM updating

Hi,

I looked at the XPS console to see how the exe is generated and here is an example 

Running: C:\Xilinx\14.4\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt64\unwrapped\fuse.exe -incremental work.system_tb work.glbl -prj system.prj -L xilinxcorelib_ver -L secureip -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -o isim_system.exe 

As we can see the incremental switch is already enabled which means that it Compiles only the files that have changed since last compile.

So IMO even though there is a change in the C code, you might want to regenerate the complete exe again.

But a quick suggestion would be to use Re-launch option in ISIM GUI

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos