UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Incorrect register Reset Value

Jump to solution

I was debugging a UART baud rate problem on a new Zynq7000 board and found the problem was an incorrect reset value for Baud_rate_divider_reg for UART1.

The code did not change the value from expected reset value which caused my problem.

What could cause the register to not have the correct reset value?  

The datasheet specifies that it should have a reset value of 0xF.  When I read at uart 0 baud_rate_divider_reg at 0xE0000034, then I get 0xF, but when I read uart 1 baud_rate_diver_reg at 0xE0001034, then I get 0x6.  I get this on two boards (both new designs), so it looks like a design problem.

I've used XMD to ensure that no scripts are running after reset.  This is the value of the reset when doing a mrd after rst.

I've checked that all my power supplies ramp up within the specified time and with the correct sequencing.  CPU_POR_B is connect to POWER_GOOD of my 1V power supply.

I am worried that this may be a symptom of a larger problem, and if one register is not initialized correclty, then there may be more.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect register Reset Value

Jump to solution

This is not a problem, but normal operation.  The register reset values are changed by the BootROM code.  See Table 6-22 in UG585 for register values after BootROM execution.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Incorrect register Reset Value

Jump to solution

This is not a problem, but normal operation.  The register reset values are changed by the BootROM code.  See Table 6-22 in UG585 for register values after BootROM execution.

0 Kudos