UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Interrupt driven AXI UART

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to write an interrupt driven UART routine but am having trouble finding a lot of documentation on how to do this.  One example program that I have seems to indicate that I need "xintc.h" but it's not anywhere to be found when I export my hardware project from Vivado to SDK.  And yes, I do have the interrupt enabled in Vivado.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Interrupt driven AXI UART

Jump to solution

@dps Best place to look for examples is in the SDK itself. 

Generate a "Hello World" application with respective BSP. Open the BSP's system.mss and you will see tons of examples for each of the IPs included. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
examples.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dps You need an AXI interrupt controller in your design. SDK only "imports" what's needed in the design.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Henry,

I have an AXI UART LITE block with interrupt output that now goes to the interrupt input on the AXI Interrupt Controller.  The output of the interrupt controller is connected to the input of the ZYNQ7 Processing System (IRQ_F2P[2:0].

Do you have any sample C code that I could look at to tie all this together?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dps Best place to look for examples is in the SDK itself. 

Generate a "Hello World" application with respective BSP. Open the BSP's system.mss and you will see tons of examples for each of the IPs included. 

examples.PNG
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Henry,

Will do.

Thanks for your help...

Dan