UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Max Frequency of PL on ZedBoard ?

Jump to solution

hello,

i work on zedboard as an embedded solution for a real time application

during my research and work, i can't found a clear documentation about the max frequency of the PL !!!

some time i found a tutorial whtich use PL, told that the max frequency is 250 Mhz , but there is no possible to fix the clock for this value,  just 100 Mhz is the value used in many tutorial !!!

in others cases, i got a magic answer from other support team ( on other project , hey told me that there is no max frequency ?

any idea

thank you

My blog : www.xilinx-video.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Max Frequency of PL on ZedBoard ?

Jump to solution

Just to add some more perspective.

PL comprises of all FPGA logic. Its basically similar to a soft Ip where the max frequency will really depend on how the design has been implemented.For example, The Zynq PS AXI interfaces are able to close timing above 200 MHz, but may require assistance in ISE-based tools.In ISE Design Suite tools, the Zynq PS AXI interfaces respond very well to basic floorplanning of the axi_interconnect connecting to the right side of the PS7 primitive.

This is just an example. Hope it helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The maximum frequency of the PL depends on the design and the components used in the it.

We should think about it similar to "what is the maximum frequency of the design?"

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello

i think there is 4 clock come from the PS to PL, so the max frequency will be fixed or generated from the PS ? 

My blog : www.xilinx-video.blogspot.com
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The PL has its own clock management generation and distribution features and also receives four
clock signals from the clock generator in the PS. 
The four clocks that are generated by the PS are completely asynchronous to each other with no
relationship to other PL clocks.
And, the maximum frequency of PL cannot be determined with these 4 FCLK's.

Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Just to add some more perspective.

PL comprises of all FPGA logic. Its basically similar to a soft Ip where the max frequency will really depend on how the design has been implemented.For example, The Zynq PS AXI interfaces are able to close timing above 200 MHz, but may require assistance in ISE-based tools.In ISE Design Suite tools, the Zynq PS AXI interfaces respond very well to basic floorplanning of the axi_interconnect connecting to the right side of the PS7 primitive.

This is just an example. Hope it helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos