UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor swinchen
Visitor

Need to pull eMMC RST_N low to boot

I am working on bringing up a custom board that has an eMMC module hooked up to SDHC1 on a Zynq-7000, with the RST_N line (with pull-up) going to MIO0.  There is neither a mux or conf pinctl entry for this pin/group in the devicetree.

When in u-boot I am able to “ls mmc 0:1” and see the contents of the filesystem.  When I try to boot into linux I get a "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p1...".

During my troubleshooting I found that If, in u-boot, I do a "gpio clear 0" (drive the pin low) it boots fine. What the heck!?

Other measures I have taked:

Made sure to enable RST_N in the ECSD register with the “mmc” tool - No change

Verified with an oscilloscope that the RST_N pin defaults to high, and only goes low when doing the gpio command from u-boot.

Tried adding pinctl entries into the devicetree to set the pin - this usually prevents the board from booting no matter what I do with the reset line in uboot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I am quickly running out of ideas to try.

- Sam

0 Kudos