UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Previous built stuck in SDK (14.6) until rebooting workstation, any workaround?

Jump to solution

I am quite sure it's a bug in SDK;

With -O0 flag in bsp built, regarless what I do with the changed bsp code and project/clean. The previous built is always there. Closing/reopen SDK won't help, unitl I reboot the work machine I can get the new code working.

cTEST_VAL = 0xFF;  // previous built

// then I updated the code to
cTEST_VAL = 0x80;  // clear all projects then run the new build; cTEST_VAL shows 0xFF everywhere, also in hardware, so the old build got stuck regardless make clean, close/open SDK unless reboot the machine.

Environment: windows 7 x64, SDK 14.6

It's distracting if I have to reboot my machine to walk around, but it's bettter than bug sneaks in during code change when I expect new code run but it's actually going the old.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Previous built stuck in SDK (14.6) until rebooting workstation, any workaround?

Jump to solution

I think I found the solution. It's very simple, just delete the debug folder and rebuild everything. Now I don't have to reboot.

Heard about similar solution discussed here before, it's a good method in removing weird things in SDK.

Thanks for all comments,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Previous built stuck in SDK (14.6) until rebooting workstation, any workaround?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you share the workspace so that we can test it at our end?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Thanks for reply, I had moved on.
I will wrap the workspace and local repo, when I encounter this constantly again.
Is there a file sharing method we can use? I can't expose the file to public.
Thanks,
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I think I found the solution. It's very simple, just delete the debug folder and rebuild everything. Now I don't have to reboot.

Heard about similar solution discussed here before, it's a good method in removing weird things in SDK.

Thanks for all comments,

0 Kudos