UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Problems generating BSP for UCOS in SDK 16.4, Zynq 7000

Highlighted
Visitor

Problems generating BSP for UCOS in SDK 16.4, Zynq 7000

I'm attempting to setup a project using the uC RTOS on the Zynq 7000. I'm following this tutorial (https://doc.micrium.com/display/UCOSXSDK/uCOS+BSP+on+the+Zynq-7000+Tutorial) but receive the following errors when attempting to generate the BSP in SDK. For reference, UCOS is v1.41 while Vivado + XSDK is v2016.4.

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 419	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 462	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 498	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 529	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 559	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 600	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 633	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 658	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 684	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 712	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 741	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'unsigned'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 765	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'unsigned'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 798	C/C++ Problem
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'void'	xdmaps.c	/test_design_sdk_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src	line 431	C/C++ Problem
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/dmaps_v2_3/src/make.libs] Error 2	test_design_sdk_bsp		 	C/C++ Problem
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.	test_design_sdk_bsp		 	C/C++ Problem
make[1]: *** [xdmaps.o] Error 1	test_design_sdk_bsp		 	C/C++ Problem
make[1]: Target `libs' not remade because of errors.	test_design_sdk_bsp		 	C/C++ Problem

My hunch is that it has something to do with a path mismatch but I'm struggling to find where/what could be the problem. I'll also admit this is my first time working with an FPGA and the associated process, so this is all a bit unfamiliar to me.

Any help or advice would be beneficial.

Re: Problems generating BSP for UCOS in SDK 16.4, Zynq 7000

m,

When following any guide (Xilinx, on not Xilinx in this case), you must use the version of software specified in that guide.

The development software is neither forward, nor backward, compatible.  IP is continually updated and improved, bugs fixed, etc.

It is the responsibility in this case of Micrium to update their examples (if they decide to do so).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Visitor

Austin,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried with the 14.3 version of Vivado and XSDK with no success. Are you confident it's not something with the XSDK? Is there a way I can confirm or test this?

M

m,

Confident?  Well, I do not see any other complaints similar to yours, so I would assume it has something to do with the other vendors files, or your setup, or both.

You could run through a Xilinx only example (build linux using our wiki for example).  That is a pretty long and drawn out process but exercises everything.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose