UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Reference design fails in generating bitstream to Accelerating OpenCV Applications with Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC using Vivado HLS Video Libraries

I am following Xilinx application note: Accelerating OpenCV Applications with Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC using Vivado HLS Video Libraries. I downloaded reference design files from https://secure.xilinx.com/webreg/clickthrough.do?cid=323570.

I run bitstream command for one of /xapp1167_vivado/sw/ designs. At middle of program, I can see console logging adf.png

. Error says I am using 2014.3.1 Vivado version, which the TCL script the reference design is using 2013.3.

I don't have older version of vivado. I don't want to install older version of Vivado. Finally, the bitsream generation fails  Please somebody help.

adf.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reference design fails in generating bitstream to Accelerating OpenCV Applications with Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC using Vivado HLS Video Libraries

Hi Milan

If you can download or run the project for once in Vivado 2013.3, this will create the project and then you can use the project to migrate to latest version.

Otherwise youo might have to check in IP versions in the latest tool and update them manually in the tcl file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

Explorer
Explorer

Re: Reference design fails in generating bitstream to Accelerating OpenCV Applications with Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC using Vivado HLS Video Libraries

@siktap , thanks for your reply. I am installing vivado 2013.3. In meantime, I would like to know which TCL script should I modify.

I have modifed Video_Library_Windows.bat previously so that vivado 2014.3.1's path is correct for batch execution.(this was done previously).

I can only  see /sw/share/generic.tcl file before running make command.

After I run "make elf", I have many TCL scripts generated.

tcls.png

I am doing internship using Zynq with Vivado HLS video libraries. I appreciate your help greatly.

I would like to know the particlular TCL script if you could help.

Thanks.

tcls.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You need to run "impl_batch.tcl" for building and creating a bit file for HW project.

For software project, you should run generic.tcl file.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@smarell Hi smarell, thanks for your answer. I have already tried the step you mentioned. Upon running the video_library_windows.bat file in Vivado HLS command window, I ran make all which builds all the designs. I encountered error when it runs run_ippack.tcl.(I do know which tcl files to run for building HW and SW designs).

The error is

source run_ippack.tcl -notrace
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-234] Refreshing IP repositories
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-1704] No user IP repositories specified
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository 'd:/Xilinx/Vivado/2014.3/data/ip'.
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Tue Nov 25 22:37:35 2014...

I highlighted possible error points in bold red. If anybody knows answer to run the refrence design with Vivado 2014.3.1, I will be very grateful.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos