UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor itsfpga
Visitor

SREC Bootloader Speed

Hello,

I have used the SREC bootloader application by going through  the doc. and I was succesfull in doing so.

My application loads properly and everything works fine but it takes enough time for that.

It takes about 5 min to load, So can I reduce the time somewhere near 1 min ?? How??

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SREC Bootloader Speed

Hi,

There is a comment in the bootloader.c

/* Comment the following line, if you want a smaller and faster bootloader which will be silent */
#define VERBOSE

If you comment this line, it will be a bit faster.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SREC Bootloader Speed

Are you loading the SREC file from ROM memory to the internal BRAM of MicroBlaze or into the DDR Memory..??

0 Kudos