UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

SSIN tied high for EMIO SPI bus

Jump to solution

I see both this post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/about-this-warnning-When-using-EMIO-pins-for-SPI-0-tie-SSIN-High/m-p/688834#M12036

and the comment by ronnywebers at the bottom of this post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Adam-Taylor-s-MicroZed-ish-Chronicles-Part-81-Simple/ba-p/600617

Is the solution to "tying the EMIO pins for SPI_0 SSIN High in the PL bitstream" REALLY to use a constant in the block design?! I noticed no response to the first post.

Regards,

Kurt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: SSIN tied high for EMIO SPI bus

Jump to solution

That's a good idea.  I suppose connecting it to SS1 or SS2 would also be easier as well since I'm using SS0.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@petersk if one is expanding the signals of an interface, the best solution to manage a tri-state connection which is used as output only is to connect the input to the signal to whatever is being driven at the output, ie connect SS_IN signal to SS_OUT and leave SS_TRI unconnected. This also makes the BD less cluttered as it's just a small short from out to in.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

That's a good idea.  I suppose connecting it to SS1 or SS2 would also be easier as well since I'm using SS0.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos