UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar golson
Scholar

SYSACE File does not run when powering up the ML510 board

Jump to solution

I am trying to create a SYSACE file. I used the following command:

xmd -tcl genace.tck -ace cdr_rev0_sim.ace -board ml510 -elf mda_cdr_sw.elf -hw download.bit -target mdm

I placed the download.bit and elf file in the same directory. then tried the command.

A ace file was generated but it would not run
when I placed it in config directory 0.

Any suggestions.

Thank You,

Gary

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar golson
Scholar

Re: SYSACE File does not run when powering up the ML510 board

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem.  I am using ml510 board ISE 13.1.   Two things I had to do to get it to work were the following:

First:   Attach the bootloop elf file called microblaze_0.elf  to the XMP or Embedded system and the generate the bitstream.  The bitstream I am using is not the EDK download bitstream but the Top level ISE Bitstream when

I use the Genace command.

Even though we did this it was not working.  But It was improved because when we looked at the xmd debugger and read the memory of the DDR2 we could see that the

software program was loaded into the DDR2.   

We debugged further by comparing the words in the DDR2 when we looked at the working program which was jtagged(download) against the program that was loaded using the SYSACE

file.   There was a difference in the Byte order or Endianess of the data between the two.   We then searched for information about Endianess of the microblaze.

Finally we found a forums discussion about this issue,  where it told us to use the microblaze version 72  in the option -debugdevice  of the genace script. 

After we did this.  The data byte order was changed.  and the programs began running correctly.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar golson
Scholar

Jump to solution

Maybe I have to tell some where where the code starts at.  In my case,  My code starts in DDR2 at 0x600000.

How would I get the bootloop to be placed in bram using SDK13.1?

0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

Jump to solution

I am still stuck.  But I figured out was using the wrong bit file for my design.  I have a ISE design not a EDK design.

I should be using the ISE bit file instead of download.bit.

Next after powering up the board the processor is not doing anything using my ISE bit file either.

But I went ahead and read the 0 address.   using :   mrd 0x00

0 : b8000000

and I checked address 4:  address 8 both are zero.

I then checked address 0x60000000 the address where the DDR2 starts at:

there is data in these locations starting at ox60000000

so I changed my command to the following

xmd -tcl genace.tcl -ace cdr_rev0.ace -board ml510 -elf mda_cdr_sw.elf -jprog -hw top_mod.bit -target mdm -start_address 0x60000000

and when I used it on the board the

uart put out one character that I not sure what it is  looks like three line char similar to an E.  but no vertical bar.

maybe if I choose a correct start_address it would work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar golson
Scholar

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem.  I am using ml510 board ISE 13.1.   Two things I had to do to get it to work were the following:

First:   Attach the bootloop elf file called microblaze_0.elf  to the XMP or Embedded system and the generate the bitstream.  The bitstream I am using is not the EDK download bitstream but the Top level ISE Bitstream when

I use the Genace command.

Even though we did this it was not working.  But It was improved because when we looked at the xmd debugger and read the memory of the DDR2 we could see that the

software program was loaded into the DDR2.   

We debugged further by comparing the words in the DDR2 when we looked at the working program which was jtagged(download) against the program that was loaded using the SYSACE

file.   There was a difference in the Byte order or Endianess of the data between the two.   We then searched for information about Endianess of the microblaze.

Finally we found a forums discussion about this issue,  where it told us to use the microblaze version 72  in the option -debugdevice  of the genace script. 

After we did this.  The data byte order was changed.  and the programs began running correctly.

0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

Jump to solution

Answer Record Describing the Problem is here:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/41540.htm

Related

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/genace-tcl-changing-endianness/m-p/132484

My Options File

-jprog

-board ml510

-target mdm

-hw ./top_mod.bit

-elf ./EMB/SDK/mda_cdr_sw/Debug/mda_cdr_sw.elf

-debugdevice devicenr 1 cpunr 1 cpu_version microblaze_v72

-start_address 0x60000000

-ace cdr_rev0.ace

My Command to go along with the changes:

xmd -tcl genace.tcl -opt genoption.txt

0 Kudos