UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nkumar3119
Visitor

Share DDR memory region between 2 ARM cores in Bare-Metal

I have followed XAPP1079 example and it works. I'd like to know how to share DDR memory region between 2 ARM cores in bare-metal application. My data structures are huge and can not be used in OCM. Also, please show how this affects lscript.ld for both applications since each lscript.ld makes a region of memory visible to each core. I would like to modify xapp1079 to achieve this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Share DDR memory region between 2 ARM cores in Bare-Metal

Just map the same address to both processors. So instead of exclusive DDR addresses, map the same region on both processors. Of course after you do this managing the ownership of the data structures in DDR is something to be done explicitly, ie locks, mutexes etc.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor nkumar3119
Visitor

How is the common region map on both processors? Would you have any examples? Is it via lscript.ld?

Sorry still new to this.

0 Kudos
Visitor gerald1010
Visitor

Hello,

can you provide your configuration file or can you upload the project? which zynq do you use?

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos