UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Simple question: Update custom core in XPS

Jump to solution

Hi,

After adding an IPcore to the microblaze architecture using XPS, if i want to change user_logic of this same core do I need to add the IP core again and remove the previous one, or can I simply re-import it?

Best,

JM

Message Edited by jmonteiro-dme on 05-27-2009 05:51 AM
Message Edited by jmonteiro-dme on 05-27-2009 05:51 AM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Simple question: Update custom core in XPS

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

I just realized that you are using ISE. I'm not sure if ProjNav can handle this. anyway, the key is to make sure that PlatGen is re-run.

-XF

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

jmonteiro-dme wrote:

Hi,

After adding an IPcore to the microblaze architecture using XPS, if i want to change user_logic of this same core do I need to add the IP core again and remove the previous one, or can I simply re-import it?

I never use the import wizard, but when you make changes to the core when it is instantiated in your EDK system, you don't need to re-import it. You might need to completely clean the design.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

IMO, the only purpose of using the Import Wizard is to help you update MPD and PAO, etc. files, after you modified the hdl code.

You can simply modily  those files manually if you understand the sysntax.

And if you set the option ARCH_SUPPORT_MAP in MPD to DEVELOPMENT, you don't even have to clean the design. Every time you run platgen, it will be resynthesized. 

-XF

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your answers.

In the core's MPD I have

OPTION ARCH_SUPPORT_MAP = (OTHERS=DEVELOPMENT),

And when I make a change in the core's VHD i'm simply doing "update bitstream with processor data" in ISE. Will it resynthesize the performed changes in the core's user_logic, even without cleaning the EDK project files?

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

That's the expected behavior. I'll also "rescan" the repository after the modification, just in case there're also modifications with the mpd file.

-XF

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you XF,

Sorry for asking this, but how do I rescan the files?

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

Go to Project menu and you will see it. Or just find the rescan button on the toolbar.

-XF

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

I just realized that you are using ISE. I'm not sure if ProjNav can handle this. anyway, the key is to make sure that PlatGen is re-run.

-XF

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I don't think it happens that way, hence my doubt: If, for instance, I update the user_logic to possess an error, say put "errorblablabla?!?!" in the middle of the vhd, and if i "update the bitstream with processor data" in ISE, it will not detect the vhd error. I rescaned project files..

Best,

JM

0 Kudos