UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Two Controller SPI Test Setup

Jump to solution

I have two SPI controller pinned out to PMOD pins on my ZCU102. Let's assume my hardware is correct for the time being. I have one SPI master and one SPI slave, both of which are pinned out of my PMOD. How can I do a polled transfer between the two? I want to send data from Master -> Slave -> Master just for validation purposes.

I am doing this in bare metal. Is it possible to do tasking? Do I need a task per controller so I can actively poll on both controllers at the same time? I have seen the spips examples and am going through them now.

I really appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Two Controller SPI Test Setup

Jump to solution

Hi @doverstreet6 ,

You can make the four spi signals are out(MISO, MOSI, SS, sclk) from PS SPI controllers and make the external loop back to both of them and you can refer below forum thread for reference for loopback test.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/how-to-SDK-SPI-external-loopback-test/td-p/782665

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: Two Controller SPI Test Setup

Jump to solution

Hi @doverstreet6 ,

You can make the four spi signals are out(MISO, MOSI, SS, sclk) from PS SPI controllers and make the external loop back to both of them and you can refer below forum thread for reference for loopback test.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/how-to-SDK-SPI-external-loopback-test/td-p/782665

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.