UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie eaj00100

VCCPAUX, VCCPLL, & PS VCCO Sequencing Question

Greetings,

I have a quick question about the voltage sequencing requirements for a Zynq-7000 (7020 mainly) device.

For my application, I will have the VCCO_MIO0 supply rail tied to +3.3V, and the VCCO_MIO1 supply rail tied to +1.8V.

The datasheet DS187 states, "If VCCPAUX, VCCPLL, and the PS VCCO supplies (VCCO_MIO0, VCCO_MIO1, and VCCO_DDR) have the same recommended voltage levels, then they can be powered by the same supply and ramped simultaneously.

The bolded "and" word is the source of my concern. It reads as if both of the MIO0 & MIO1 supplies are +1.8V, then they can be ramped together with VCCPAUX/VCCPLL. I am curious if I can ramp up the three +1.8V rails VCCPAUX/VCCPLL & VCC_MIO1 together, and ramp up the +3.3V VCC_MIO0 rail after that. 

Is this possible? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: VCCPAUX, VCCPLL, & PS VCCO Sequencing Question

Yes,

Unless a sequence is specifically excluded in the data sheet, all other sequences will operate (function properly).

The power on current table only applies to the specified sequence, however.  We do test 100% only that one sequence.  We cannot test the other 1000's of possible sequences on every part, so the table cannot apply to other sequences.  The power forr all other sequences may be slightly more or less as a consequence.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Newbie eaj00100

Re: VCCPAUX, VCCPLL, & PS VCCO Sequencing Question

Excellent! Thank you so much Austin! It is much appreciated.

0 Kudos