UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

VGA Implementation Hardware Image Generator

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on implementing a VGA interface on my ZYBO Zynq board. The application is simple, I control the image on the screen using assigned RGB switches on the board.

The application is included in a tutorial, where it's mentioned that the circuit operates at 25 MHz.

Synthesis works fine. I get the following problems attempting the implementation stage:

error.JPG

Attached, the VHDL code, and the .xdc constraints file.

Questions:

1) How to overcome these problems?

2) When to use Package_Pin and IOStandard LVCMOS, whether separately or together?

3) How to assign clock constraint for  a given project with specific frequency? (I tried to do this with many simple applications, and all failed to implement the clock frequency I assign)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VGA Implementation Hardware Image Generator

Jump to solution

The BIVC-1 error message indicates that there are conflicting IOSTANDARDs in one bank.

These IOSTANDARDs require different VCCOs.

The following debug steps can be used to analyze the indicated conflict:

1. Open the synthesized design.
  2. Check the ports in the I/O Ports window to examine the IOSTANDARD, Bank assignments, and other relevant attributes.
  3. Check the device SelectIO Resources User Guide (for example, (UG471) for 7 series devices) for details of IOSTANDARD conflicts.

For this design, sys_rst is LVCMOS33, requiring VCCO=3.3v and sys_clk_p is an LVDS_25 input.

As per (UG471), if the LVDS_25 input needs to use VCCO other than 2.5v, its DIFF_TERM property should be false.

By running the command below in the Tcl Console, it is found that the DIFF_TERM of sys_clk_p is 1:

get_property DIFF_TERM [get_ports sys_clk_p]

This issue can be resolved by setting DIFF_TERM property of sys_clk_p to false, as in the following example:

set_property DIFF_TERM false [get_ports sys_clk_p]

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The BIVC-1 error message indicates that there are conflicting IOSTANDARDs in one bank.

These IOSTANDARDs require different VCCOs.

The following debug steps can be used to analyze the indicated conflict:

1. Open the synthesized design.
  2. Check the ports in the I/O Ports window to examine the IOSTANDARD, Bank assignments, and other relevant attributes.
  3. Check the device SelectIO Resources User Guide (for example, (UG471) for 7 series devices) for details of IOSTANDARD conflicts.

For this design, sys_rst is LVCMOS33, requiring VCCO=3.3v and sys_clk_p is an LVDS_25 input.

As per (UG471), if the LVDS_25 input needs to use VCCO other than 2.5v, its DIFF_TERM property should be false.

By running the command below in the Tcl Console, it is found that the DIFF_TERM of sys_clk_p is 1:

get_property DIFF_TERM [get_ports sys_clk_p]

This issue can be resolved by setting DIFF_TERM property of sys_clk_p to false, as in the following example:

set_property DIFF_TERM false [get_ports sys_clk_p]

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
related post
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Memory-Interfaces/DRC-error-Conflicting-Vcc-voltages/td-p/696833
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@balkris Actually I got to that page before posting here, and I could not really get how to do these steps.

Also, I hope there's a possibility that you would, kindly, help me with my other questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

2) When to use Package_Pin and IOStandard LVCMOS, whether separately or together?
[] you can use together

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

When I checked the IO Ports, I found out that the default of the Vivado is to set all the ports to the LVCMOS18, while I use LVCMOS3 in my ZYBO.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos