UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Video in to axi4-Stream not working

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

Video in to axi4-Stream not working

Hello,

I'm trying to get the signals coming from a external camera sensor.The sensor signals are pretty standard and they look like that:

Untitled2.jpg

Well before to do any real hardware test I wrote a testbench generating a the sensor signals and simulating the core "Video in to Axi4-Stream" correct inputs, the results are quite good:

Untitled.jpg

In the simulation I'm only driving:

- FV to vid_vsync

- LV to vid_active_video

- Dout to vid_data

And everything works perfectly.

Well I'm trying to do the same with the real hardware and it doesn't work and I don't get it when the simulation does....

After the previous test I tried to drive the rest of the pins:

Untitled3.jpg

But the axi stream still not working. 

Any ideas what could be wrong or missing?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Video in to axi4-Stream not working

Hi @joseer,

Check the overflow and underflow signals of the IP. It could give an information.

Regards,

Florent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Hi @joseer,

My suggestions:

-> synthesize the design and do the simulation again on the synthesized design

-> if this is working, add an ILA on the input to see if the inputs of the Video in 2 AXI4 stream Ip are as you expect.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
Adventurer

Hi @florentw, thanks for your answer,

Sorry I didn't say but the simulation I did was a post-synthesis one and it works fine....

I already checked the video input and they look ok.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Xilinx Employee

Hi @joseer,

Check the overflow and underflow signals of the IP. It could give an information.

Regards,

Florent