UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor glathe1851
Visitor

ZC702 SDK 2013.4 and LIBXILFFS

My question comes down to this:  So, how can I create a standalone C++ project which has access to the fully functional glory of the XILFFS library?

I have part of it worked around, but am having to defeat auto-generated files along the way:

I am attempting to create a standalone application which logs information to the SD memory device, which it also boots from, significant elements of the project are in C++ and it is undesirable to port to C.

This is using a ZC702, and the 2013.4 SDK.

I created a standalone project using C++ and creating it's own BSP, but I am running into 2 problems:

I can work around the first, described here, but cannot defeat the second problem further below.

Any suggestions for solving these would be appreciated.

-----------------

The first problem occurs when I change the BSP properties to include LIBXILFFS

This breaks the linker script for the C++ project in the following way:

-- Before including the library my objs.mk file looks like this:

LIBS := -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,-lstdc++,--end-group

-- After including the library it looks like this (and breaks the build due to references to unresolved externals)

LIBS := -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group -Wl,--start-group,-lxilffs,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

I can work around the project by restoring the objs.mk file to it's former glory, adding the ,-lxilffs item to the list.

I think this is an eclipse customization issue, but I can work around this one.

--------------------------

The problem I cannot find a way to defeat is that I want to be able to use the full features of xilffs.

So, I edit the settings in ffconf.h (in cilffs_v1_00_a/src/include) changing:

FS_TINY to 0 and FS_MINIMIZE to 0

But the library does not rebuild after saving those changes.

The only way I have found to get the library to rebuild is to do a clean build...

Except that the clean build reconstructs the library source, deleting my changes and defeating my goals.

The all-clean build also breaks the linker script again, but that is relatively easy to restore...

So, how can I create a standalone C++ project which has access to the fully functional glory of the XILFFS library?

0 Kudos