UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dmatkin
Visitor

Zedboard I2C (How to use both I2C0 and I2C1 of PS)

Hi I'm working on a design where I have 2 different I2C devices and figured I aught to make use of both the built in bus drivers as opposed to making use of the programmable logic. I started off working from the example for a single device and adapted it to actually control my device. After getting that working I went back in and adjusted the hardware so the second I2C is exposted and hooked that up to the HDMI drivers SDA and SCL pins. 

Simply doing this broke my existing functioning code, so there's obviously some connection between the two ports there that I'm not aware of. It hangs while waiting for the interrupt to return. Hoping someone can direct me towards an example that makes use of both of the I2C bus drivers or explain to me why my existing code breaks when the second bus is enabled. 

I'm pretty new to this as a whole so hopefully, someone can give me a reasonable explanation (I tried on the Newark forum and didn't get a single response)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Zedboard I2C (How to use both I2C0 and I2C1 of PS)

Hi @dmatkin ,

Could you please elaborate more about your design?

May be Block diagram will help more to understand what your trying.

Are you tried to access the PL i2c slave  from PS i2c0/1?

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos