UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant ditiris
Participant

Zynq PL-PS Interrupt Behavior

Jump to solution

I'm hoping someone can explain what I'm doing wrong with my PL-PS interrupt. After running into trouble with my custom peripheral I created a very simple timer as the custom peripheral. It simply has two registers, the count, and enable/disable the timer. I've actually mapped the single interrupt coming from the peripheral to ALL the PS-PL interrupts since I was confused but what I saw below, and the mapping is weird anyway, but this appears to be an unrelated issue...

The interrupt does not work unless I follow this specific set of steps:

1. Program the bit file from SDK
  2. Debug and stop at the top of main()
  3. Program the device from Vivado using Hardware Manager > Program Device
  4. Back to SDK and Resume

When I do that, the application works as expected, I get an IRQ from my custom timer when I should.

If I simply try and run the application from SDK, it doesn't work. I don't understand why.

I haven't gotten so far as running things standalone yet. I assume the step of going back to Vivado and programming the PL is incidentally taking care of some initialization I'm not otherwise doing when running straight through SDK. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Zynq PL-PS Interrupt Behavior

Jump to solution
From the above information, the only difference seems to be the bit file. Can you export the design to SDK again and check if programming the bit file through SDK gives the same issue?
3 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
From the above information, the only difference seems to be the bit file. Can you export the design to SDK again and check if programming the bit file through SDK gives the same issue?
Participant ditiris
Participant

Jump to solution

Yes, that was the problem. I had started with just the block design, then made this part of a larger design, but apparently SDK doesn't update the bit file that gets built (although it seems to update everything else when you do the export...).

Frustrating. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos