UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC low power entry and exit time

Hello

I have read the white paper "Managing power and performance with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC WP482". I have read through the technical reference manual chapter on the PMU. I have also gone through the Zynq Ultrascale+ datasheet.

I can't find any indication of how long it takes to enter and exit the various power saving modes in the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC:

- external power up/down of the FPD and LPD

- power up/down of the various power islands in the FPD and LPD

- deep sleep entry and exit

I understand that this would be highly dependent on many factors. Also, powering up / down of external power supplies is limited by the external power supplies themselves.

So just looking at powering up/down of the various power islands in the FPD and LPD:

1) How long does it take to enter low power mode of the APU (power island powered down)?

2) How long does it take to exit low power mode of the APU where the power island is powered up and the APU is executing code?

3) How long does it take to enter low power mode of the RPU (power island powered down)?

4) How long does it take to exit low power mode of the RPU where the power island is powered up and the RPU is executing code?

Has anyone had a chance to experiment with this? I am just looking for ballpark figures: does it take microseconds, milliseconds, 100s of milliseconds?

Thanks