UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zynq dual ethernet question

Dear Sir,

I have designed (first Design )a Board with Zynq Z7045 FFGG900I-2 part with Schematic check list (excel sheet )has suggested many inputs according to that i have made connection  concern is Dual ethernet on th PS Side, Based on the AVENT REP inputs i have made PS Side MDC and MDIO Pin conncetion directly with 2 marvell PHY Ics Like Parallel Connection  when I started Programming in the vivado, while Configuring the Zynq Processing system, if Select Both Ethernet with MDIO option only one phy I Can Select as MDIO Configured PHY through MIO53 and MIO52 (Zynq Pins) and it is giving option for second MDIO with EMIO  If I want to Work with two Independant Ethernets Without any delay in the PS side Processing system, is there any Logic implementation so that with existing hardware connection we can work two independent Ethernets if not possible, Can  I  route Only MDIO and MDC Signal through PL side as at is sugesting in vivado EMIO option, if this routimg is Possible on which bank pins i Should Connect this Signals and then how to Configure this to PS Side   waiting for your earliy Valuable inputs Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Zynq dual ethernet question

Hi balakrishnajatoth@gmail.com ,

FYI, use a MDIO share for both PS GEM supporting for a single MAC managing multiple PHYs if that is what you are looking for.

Below the is patch for MDIO shared to work.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69132.html

If you want to maintain two seperate MDIO route it via EMIO and need to have a logic in PL for multiplexing it before individual PHYs of each GEM.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer gosha-z
Observer

Re: Zynq dual ethernet question

The following DT config definitely works:

gem0 {
   phy-handle = <&phy0>;
   phy0: ethernet-phy@0 {
     reg=<0>;
   };
   phy1: ethernet-phy@1 {
     reg = <1>;