UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Zynq program hangs when relaunching if the previous execution was stopped inside an interrupt handler

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

I am debugging an SDK program using a Zynq board (MicroZed) and I have to power-cycle the board if in the previous program execution the debugger stopped inside an interrupt handler. And it is quite tiresome to do it every time.

I imagine there might be some registers that I could reset when relaunching the new execution in order to overcome this. Does anyone know how?

Many thanks,

Cerilet

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Zynq program hangs when relaunching if the previous execution was stopped inside an interrupt handler

Jump to solution

@cerilet If you go menu Run/Run Configurations... you can reset the entire system. Obviously you need to reprogram the FPGA afterwards. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
resetzynq.png
2 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Zynq program hangs when relaunching if the previous execution was stopped inside an interrupt handler

Jump to solution

@cerilet If you go menu Run/Run Configurations... you can reset the entire system. Obviously you need to reprogram the FPGA afterwards. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
resetzynq.png
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks @hbucher for your reply. It worked, however, it is quite annoying to have to reprogram the FPGA every time because it takes quite long time.

Does anyone know the origin of the hanging in order to find a workaround?