UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant lizhang86
Participant

gem external fifo tx_r_rd stuck low

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to access gem through external FIFO.  The tx_r_rd would go high after tx_r_data_rdy is set, but it would be stuck low after 8 clock cycles.  There is no status signal to indicate an error.  More detail is in the attached ila capture.  I cannot find any relevant debug information regarding this issue in ug1805.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Li 

tmp.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant lizhang86
Participant

Re: gem external fifo tx_r_rd stuck low

Jump to solution

Hello,

I solved my problem by enabling the external_fifo_interface register in GEM (0xff0e004c for gem3) using mwr. Apparently, it is not enough to just select external fifo interface for gem in the block design.  The external_fifo_interface register must also be enabled during software configuration.  These procedures to enable external fifo mode for gem are not documented in TRM.

Best Regards,

Li 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Participant lizhang86
Participant

Re: gem external fifo tx_r_rd stuck low

Jump to solution

Hello,

I solved my problem by enabling the external_fifo_interface register in GEM (0xff0e004c for gem3) using mwr. Apparently, it is not enough to just select external fifo interface for gem in the block design.  The external_fifo_interface register must also be enabled during software configuration.  These procedures to enable external fifo mode for gem are not documented in TRM.

Best Regards,

Li 

0 Kudos