UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

generate output product befor packing IP with smartconnect?

Do anybody know if you "should" or "should not" generate output products before packing a IP whit a smartconnect. I get error in the synthesis in some of the files that has been generated in the "generate output product phase". Also the smartconnect is directly connected to the output of the IP so as you can not control the width of the different interfaces will you not need to generate the output product for the design you are using the IP not the one you are packing? as the smartconnect adapts to the environment?

I pack IP with the .xci not the underlying IP scources.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: generate output product befor packing IP with smartconnect?

The ipi is just a graphical representation of your design. During generate output products, this would create the elaborated design. The elaborated design contains all the actual RTL code to synth the design. Im not sure if the tools will generate the output products if it destroys a bd in the packaged IP or not. So best to do it before you package the bd. So the rtl is available. 

What error messages do you see?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: generate output product befor packing IP with smartconnect?

@stephenm

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I did not see your answer as I forgot to subscribe. I get synthesise Errors:

[Synth 8-1031] T_SC_AWUSER_WIDTH is not declared ["prj/prj.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/ipshared/0114/sim/sc_util_v1_0_2_structs.svh":51]

I get two version of this file in the packed IP. one in the <IP packed directory>/src and one in the <IP packed directory>/src/smartconnect_v1_0 directory

As you probably see the Error message points to a file in the "sim" directory of the design it is used in, so a "fix" that we have used for now is to delete these files. it seams to still work correct. but this is not something we would like to continue with.

0 Kudos