UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

use PS_POR_B or PS_SRST_B to reset external peripheral ic's

I'm working on a schematic using a Zynq UltraScale+, and I'm wondering how to properly reset any external peripherals like ethernet phy, usb phy, ...

I checked the ZCU102 schematics as well as Avnet EV SOM/Carrier card:

* ZCU102 uses PS_POR_B to reset ethernet and usb phy's. I think this allows 'not' to reset the external peripherals when a JTAG debugger asserts SRST (?)

* Avnet EV SOM/Carrier use an and-gate to combine both PS_POR_B and PS_SRST_B : this means that external ethernet phy and usb phy are always reset, at power-on, but also when a debugger drives SRST

I tend to use the method like on ZCU102, but just wondering why Avnet didn't do this .. any advantage/disadvantage on either method?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: use PS_POR_B or PS_SRST_B to reset external peripheral ic's

On ZCU102, by default, USB PHY ULPI reset is connected to the PS_MODE1 pin. USB PHY reset in done in FSBL code and the latest version moved it to the psu_init.

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/commit/c258818de03f7b7a0aa62aae9488c24b57ab4215#diff-2994d94142915a72d2b1973d5e00c3b3
0 Kudos