UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

100G Ethernet LBUS/AXI bus format

When using the 100G Ethernet IP (PG203 v3.0), it doesn't describe the 512-bit LBUS/AXI interface format or data structure.

In order to process this interface, I believe the user need this information.

From the IEEE 802.3-2012 Ethernet frame, does the IP remove the SFD, DA, SA and FCS and only display the Ethernet Payload (MAC Client Data) of does it display the complete Ethernet Frame on this interface?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: 100G Ethernet LBUS/AXI bus format

From DA, SA...

FCS is optional

0 Kudos
Observer aforencich
Observer

Re: 100G Ethernet LBUS/AXI bus format

The core removes the preamble/SFD, but makes it available on a separate signal and has a separate signal to optionally insert a custom preamble.  The addresses and length/type field are always passed through.  The FCS is optionally checked and stripped or passed through (for receive) and generated and inserted or passed through (on transmit).  The default configuration is to handle as much as possible internally (preamble and FCS) and pass through the rest of the frame (addresses, eth type, and payload).  Note that unlike many other MACs, you must zero-pad transmit frames out to at least 64 bytes yourself, otherwise strange things happen.  And yes, I got bit by this one myself, took a while to figure out what the issue was (why can I run UDP netperf (after stuffing ARP tables), but ARP and ping don't work???). 

0 Kudos