UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

100G cmac UDP packets

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to implement the UDP protocol on a standalone 100G cmac core.

If i follow the example design,  i have to write the header on the lbus concatenated with the data for TX.

For RX, i have to check if the MAC/IP addresses are the correct matches of pre-assigned ones.

Is there a way to assign this job to the cmac core, so that i can configure it to have a MAC address and an IP address, and tell it to accept only packets that are sent to him.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 100G cmac UDP packets

Jump to solution

Hi

No, currently there is no SW or driver support for 100G CMAC core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

No, CMAC doesn't have any address filtering logic and it has to be implemented outside the core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi ,

thanks for the feedback. By the way, is there any standalone library such as the LWIP that can help with this mac especially with DHCP/ARP and TCP/IP protocols.

should everything be hardware implemented?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

No, currently there is no SW or driver support for 100G CMAC core.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos