Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

100G cmac UDP packets

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to implement the UDP protocol on a standalone 100G cmac core.

If i follow the example design,  i have to write the header on the lbus concatenated with the data for TX.

For RX, i have to check if the MAC/IP addresses are the correct matches of pre-assigned ones.

Is there a way to assign this job to the cmac core, so that i can configure it to have a MAC address and an IP address, and tell it to accept only packets that are sent to him.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 100G cmac UDP packets

Jump to solution

Hi

No, currently there is no SW or driver support for 100G CMAC core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

No, CMAC doesn't have any address filtering logic and it has to be implemented outside the core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi ,

thanks for the feedback. By the way, is there any standalone library such as the LWIP that can help with this mac especially with DHCP/ARP and TCP/IP protocols.

should everything be hardware implemented?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

No, currently there is no SW or driver support for 100G CMAC core.

Regards,

Satish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos