https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-25gemac.html

here its mentioned subsystem.

Part Number:

• EF-DI-25GEMAC-PROJ
  • EF-DI-25GEMAC-SITE
  • EF-DI-25GBASE-KR-PROJ*
  • EF-DI-25G-TSN-802-1-CM-PROJ
  • *MAC sold separately

1) Which IP (Single or multiple or all) are required for the implementation of 10G/ 25G Ethernet over SFP+ in ZCU106 reference board?

2) Is there any other support i can get other than this application notes?

https://china.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1305-ps-pl-based-ethernet-solution.pdf

3) This application notes mention about using "SFP to RJ45 Adapter Module" as well. Can't we use directly SFP+ interface for communication through a PC? If yes how?

4) There are two SFP+ interfaces available in ZCU106 reference board. Are Both of these usable at the same time? If yes then where can i get related document /support?

Eagerly waiting for reply..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 10G / 25G Ethernet over SFP+ in ZCU106 reference

Hi @venugopal.kulkarni ,

Regarding your questions -

1) 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem IP (PG210) should be used on ZCU106.

2) This is the only application note we have for 10G if using 10G driver. However, there is the IP example design provided in Vivado. You can generate the example design by right click on the XCI file and click on Open IP Example Design.

3) You may be able to use a 10G SFP+ to USB converter and connect it to PC directly but Xilinx does not have any particular recommendations.

4)Two interfaces can be used at the same time. Please refer to PG210 and transceiver user guide for more information.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: 10G / 25G Ethernet over SFP+ in ZCU106 reference

Hi @nanz 

Thanx for your reply. But I want to know is there any way to use the SFP+ port other than through "ethernet cable + ethernet to SFP+ converter"  combination?

0 Kudos