Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

10G Ethernet PCS/PMA License

Jump to solution

What are the limitations of using the 10G Ethernet PCS/PMA v6.0 in 10GBASE-R mode? The website mentions 'available at no cost', while the debugging section of the manual states: "if your outputs go to 0 after operating normally for several hours, check your licensing."

Can someone indicate when this core will stop working? Is it a matter of time, # of packets, or a combination?

I'm using the core on a KC705 using the SFP+ connector, but the VC707 is a similar board with an alternative FPGA.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
check this post . its free but you need to generate license from Xilinx website
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/GTX-Transceivers-for-10GBase-KX-ethernet/m-p/727705#M19108
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
check this post . its free but you need to generate license from Xilinx website
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/GTX-Transceivers-for-10GBase-KX-ethernet/m-p/727705#M19108
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @balkris,

Ok, I figured that out already. However, I get the following warning in Vivado:

[Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more evaluation cores that will cease to function after a certain period of time. This design should NOT be used in production systems.

I'm using following cores:

Clocking Wizard

10G Ethernet PCS/PMA

FIFO Generator

FIR Compiler

ILA (Integrated Logic Analyzer)

When I look to the IP status table, it mentions the license for the 10G core to be Design_Linking, while the other licenses are marked as 'Included', therefore I asked my question. Will this design keep working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
ILA core required license
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan