Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

10G Ethernet Subsystem base design

Hi,

I am using a Kintex Ultrscale XCKU040 to interface with a 10G transceiver through PCB lanes. I am trying to figure out the most basic 10G Ethernet Subsystem design to do this. I really only need to tell the Subsystem to send data out on the TX line. We will be monitoring the transceiver to see if data was received. 

From everything I have read, I am not sure if I need a Microblaze System, AXI, DMA, FIFO, or packet generator. It seems that there is not a clear cut solution to implement this.

Maybe I am just overthinking this and I need to connect an AXI lite and just interface with those pins to send data.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 10G Ethernet Subsystem base design

Hi @monnen 

It depends on your application, yes you can implement through Microblaze System.

Seems that you are looking to monitor the TX data, core provides example design(packet generator/checker).

Example design can be simulated (test bench available) and also implemented.

Right click on .xci file and select open example design, further details can find at product guide.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: 10G Ethernet Subsystem base design

Hi Pratap,

Yeah I have looked at the example design. I feel it's more complicated than I need.

Is there a way I can tell the Microblaze to start sending data WITHOUT needing an external program.

Such as, can I send a reset to the system and have the Microblaze start sending instructions to the subsystem, which would then send data out to our transceiver.

Thanks,

0 Kudos