UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor josesmn
Visitor

1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII IP not working in VCU108 board

Hai everyone,

I have tried to implement the 1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII IP as a GMII to SGMII converter in 1G data rate and in SGMII std in VCU108 board. The system is working in loop back mode (config_vect(1) == 1) in board. But it seems not communicating with the Marvell PHY on the board. The  link between on board PHY and PC is up (verifiable through the LED on RJ45). In VCU108 board the clock output to the IP is 625MHz. The ip is generated for this frequency. Clock output of 125MHz is coming out from the IP and is fed to the GMAC core.  The physical interface chosen is LVDS Serial.

Can somebody please tell me what could be the reason? Thanks in advance.

Jose.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: 1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII IP not working in VCU108 board

I think the led on the RJ45 will flash, even with the Marvel not configured, 

its the default settings, and is purely controlled by the Marvel chip,     

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor josesmn
Visitor

Re: 1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII IP not working in VCU108 board

Any idea to make the SGMII IP work in the VCU108 board??

When the IP is put in loopback mode and some frame is transmitted, on the receive path, just after the last byte of the FCS, RXD become 0x0F with RX_DV = 0 and RX_ER = 1. Does that offer any hint to the problem?
Jose.

0 Kudos