cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pp1

1G Base-t sfp

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using the ZCU102 evaluation board with the xapp1305_ps_emio_eth_1g example loaded in the PL side and the lwip library example (UDP server) in the PS side.

In the SFP cage we plugged the SFP-GB-GE-T (1000Base-T) module to connect a RJ45 cat5e cable.

If I connect the other side of the cable to my PC I wasn't able to see the connection, otherwise if I connect it to an other identical module I can reach the connection and transfer data in UDP.

There is someone that experienced a similar problem or have some suggestions/tricks?

Thanks and Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @pp1 ,

The example that you are taking is PS-GEM + 1000BASE-X configuration, right?

As you have the SFP based on 1000BASE-T, I would expect you use PS-GEM + SGMII design. 

1000BASE-X is based on the Physical Layer standards developed by ANSI X3.230-1994 (Fibre Channel

Physical and Signaling Interface).

While SGMII uses electical technology and uses copper cat5 for communication based on 1000BASE_T.

The main difference will be the AN between the two, and the link timer is not the same. This could cause AN cannot complete and link won't come up. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nanz

Hi @pp1 ,

The example that you are taking is PS-GEM + 1000BASE-X configuration, right?

As you have the SFP based on 1000BASE-T, I would expect you use PS-GEM + SGMII design. 

1000BASE-X is based on the Physical Layer standards developed by ANSI X3.230-1994 (Fibre Channel

Physical and Signaling Interface).

While SGMII uses electical technology and uses copper cat5 for communication based on 1000BASE_T.

The main difference will be the AN between the two, and the link timer is not the same. This could cause AN cannot complete and link won't come up. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

View solution in original post