cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

1G Ethernet PCS/PMA soft ip.

I am trying to do 1G Ethernet PCS/PMA ,sfp transeivers.when I generate the pcs/pma soft ip core and after giving the gmii txd data.i am getting txdata as some other data that too even if i change the gmii txd data the value of txdata remains the same.what could i do.

92.jpg
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @harik0412 ,

Please run the example design simulation and compare to your testbench and signals to find out the differences. 

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

what is the problem here my ref clk is 200mhz,and my brefclk is 125 mhz i used dcm to drive it but error saying that clk_125 (125mhz)from dcm cannot be drived in series.but i need that 125 mhz.

94.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @harik0412 ,

The error explains it all. Have you taken a look at the example design and modify it from there? Please do so as this is the best way to get started.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

this is the example design i dont know how to proceed further

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks like that there's no GT RXDATA.

Are GT TX/RXRESETDONE asserted?

You may try connecting TXP/TXN to RXP/N to do loopback test in simulation first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

s,i know that there is no rx data,it is because i just inastantiated only the pcs/pma soft ip but still iam not getting the txdata as it is the output and input to transeivers,rxdata will come from transeivers if txdata itself wrong means how could i send it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If there's no RXDATA, SGMII can't link up. So TXDATA may be not able to send out.

You can try the IP core example design which includes the GT module.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

If the block diagram goes like this,i gave the gmii tx and i expext a tx data but whatever the value for gmii_tx i gave the value of txdata remains same ie 50 and BC in hexadecimal.can u plz try this.just create this 1000 base x pcs/pma soft ip and give some gmii_txd and see what output u get in txdata

888.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What's the SGMII IP core status_vector now?

You need to get the IP core link up first?

0 Kudos