Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhickey
Contributor
Contributor

2x PCS?PMA blocks on ZCU102 board

Hello,

I am trying to use 2 PCS/PMA blocks to use SFP0 and SFP1 on my ZCU102 board.

I successfully use the example design for PS GEM through EMIO to enable (primary) ethernet from SFP0 to GEM0.

I add a second pcs/pma block and configure it the same except I check "include shared logic in example design".   I then e daisy chain the secondary PCS/PMA block into the design and connected it to SFP1/GEM1.  The connections, shown in the attached diagram, seem pretty straight forward.  In this configuration SFP1/GEM1 ethernet does not work.

I swapped the IO connections to use SFP0 with the secondary pcs/pma block and SFP1 with the primary ethernet block.  SFP1 worked, SFP0 did not.

I then swapped the connections between the PS and the PCS/PMA core.  SFP1 (connected to the primary PCS/PMA block) continued to work/ SFP0 (connected to the secondary PCS/PMA block) did not.

I am using vivado 2018.3 and petalinux 2018.3.

I am thinking that something different needs to be done on the secondary pcs/pma IP block, but I am unsure of the next steps of the best next steps to take to debug .  

2xSFPs.PNG
daisychain.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
shabbirk

Hi @rhickey 

Please refer to this forum thread that discusses on the similar issue:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Ethernet/ZCU102-SFP-Ethernet-confusion/td-p/1074829

Best Regards

Shabbir

rhickey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for the pointer.  You have help us in the past and always provide good guidance.  I made the described changes and I am testing it now.  I will let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos