UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sarpadi
Visitor

40G/50G Ethernet on Zynq Ultrascale+

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is there any example design like the xapp1035 for the 40g/50g eth ip? I am trying to build a project with this IP on a xczu11eg-ffvf1517-1-e device and I tried to replicate the approach for the 10g/25g ip from xapp1035 but there seem to be some issues when trying to match the bandwidth (256 axi stream @ 312.5MHz): axi dma cannot run at over 300Mhz, zynqmp S_AXI_HPCx_FPD only allows 128bit @ 333MHz.

Is there any system-level example for the 40g/50g eth ip? Can I even connect the data stream to the zynqmp in any way? What dma can I use for that?

Thanks,
Sergiu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 40G/50G Ethernet on Zynq Ultrascale+

Jump to solution

Hi @sarpadi ,

We do not have such an exmple on 40/50G.

I am not sure if it makes sense to have 40G/40G in a processor system. As you have mentioned, there are limitations of the AXI Interface that can run max speed at or that the processor can handle. Even in the 10G/25G system, we only test 10G and have the max performnace ~4/5G max with some bottlenecks. More importantly, our AXI Ethernet driver only supports 1G and 10G.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @sarpadi ,

We do not have such an exmple on 40/50G.

I am not sure if it makes sense to have 40G/40G in a processor system. As you have mentioned, there are limitations of the AXI Interface that can run max speed at or that the processor can handle. Even in the 10G/25G system, we only test 10G and have the max performnace ~4/5G max with some bottlenecks. More importantly, our AXI Ethernet driver only supports 1G and 10G.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I don't think you will find one. For a number of reasons. Basically, there aren't many solutions and people make good money with that.

Inside of the FPGA you may need to parallel DMAs and even using independent RAM banks to be able to stream at that rate.

For a demo, you could get away by buffering data in FIFOs inside the FPGA, but in the real world and continuous streaming, I think all hardware is custom for that purpose.