Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

AXI 1G Ethernet Subsystem - Non-Processor mode? - ZCU102

Hi all,

I am trying to transmit packets via 1GE/SFP on the ZCU102. I am not sure if I need the "processor features/mode" available in the AXI 1G Ethernet Subsystem. At this moment, I have the IP core configured for 1000BASE-X with "processor features" disabled, but I am not 100% sure whether I need the features available in processor mode or not.

I have data framed in ethernet packets (MAC source/dest, ethernet type, etc...) being fed to the core's TX interface (s_axis_tx), and I have an external SFP->fiber loopback. Finally, I am feeding the receive signals (m_axis_rx) to an ILA just to observe the received data. I have not successfully received any data.

So, I am trying to understand the different modes of this core. I have read through the documentation for the subsystem, its sub-IPs, and XAPP1082 and XAPP1305, but I cannot seem to get this working. 

In what cases would I need "processor mode" and in what cases can I get away without using it?

As a bonus: any advice for using this core in "non-processor mode" 1000BASE-X?

As a double bonus: which SFP in the ZCU102's cage is SFP0???

I appreciate any and all help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi

In ILA have you observed TX data? issue is only with RX data?

Ensure that the polarities of the txn/txp and rxn/rxp lines are not reversed.

Internal loopback provided by core you can check with it.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I have not observed any data for TX nor for RX. I double checked the polarities of txn/p and rxn/p. I had trouble configuring the core for internal loopback. Assistance with doing that would be appreciated.

I am not using any driver right now. Primarily, I am wondering if I am using the core in the right way (non-processor mode), and if I need to include the linux driver (and therefore the ethernet subsystem in the device tree) when using this in non-processor mode.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you run the IP core example design?

Have you done the simulation and is able to see the data in simulation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Yes, I ran the IP core example design, but I am trying to figure out whether that design requires/includes drivers in software for controlling the IP core's AXI LITE interface and maybe for initializing an ethernet link.

I have simulated the rest of my design, but not the IP core itself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the exact same question.

0 Kudos