UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jknoblau
Observer

AXI Data Width Convertor format

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been trying to implement an AXI Data width convertor between 2 fifos in IP Integrator for interfaceing with a DDR3 module. I would like it to take in 16 x 32-bit samples and output 1 x 512bit sample in AXI format to be passed on to a DDR3 Module. I have tried many things including different aw / r cache and burst values but to no avail. There is fifo storage that should store the 32-bit samples until a 512-bit sample is full.

The closest i can get so far is a 32 to 512 bit conversion that writes a 32-bit sample to a 512-bit sample then increments the strobe signal. So I end up with 16 x 512-bit samples going into the DDR3 instead of just one.

While this does technically do a conversion it uses much more DDR3 memory than I would like and causes un-needed data path delays.

Is there anyone who could help me understand how this works better or if its possible to produce 1x 512-bit sample from 16 x 32-bit samples in an AXI Data Width Convertor?

Regards,

Jon.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI Data Width Convertor format

Jump to solution

HI

Hope your issue is addressed here

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/AXI-Data-Width-Converter-to-MIG-Module/m-p/464156#M6004

If not please let us know

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI Data Width Convertor format

Jump to solution

HI

Hope your issue is addressed here

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/AXI-Data-Width-Converter-to-MIG-Module/m-p/464156#M6004

If not please let us know

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post