UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Aurora 64b/66b Lane and Channel Up

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the simulation of the Aurora 64b/66b IP Core. The problem is, that channel up and lane up are never asserted. But on the TX_P/N and RX_P/N pins there is a communication between my two DUTs (screenshot).

TX_RX_pins.png

On the next screenshot it can be seen that Lane Up and Channel Up are Zero, but the MMCM is locked as well as gt_pll_lock:

Lane_Channe_MMCM.png

I simulate my design with Modelsim and set the time resolution to fs. I simulated the whole design for 1 ms but LaneUp and ChannelUp remained Zero. :(

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Aurora 64b/66b Lane and Channel Up

Jump to solution

@smarell

I think I did it. Because I was sure that I had another simulation with an Aurora 64b/66b running I compared the two projects. Then I saw I included a file named xxx_funcsim.v. I deleted this file as well as the appropriate related simulation files in the library and then it worked.

My guess is that there are the same entities in different files and the funcsim is not designed for simulation in Modelsim but was taken for simulation instead of the correct file.

Perhaps you can give me a note if my guess is correct.

Kind regards

Sebastian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I understand that the two DUTs try to synchronize with test sequences on TX/RX. At the beginning of simulation everything looks good. For the first 16,017,678 ps the TX/RX pins do nothing and then after sync_clock starts working the TX/RX pins start with the synchronization sequence. I don't know why I get no stable channel.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Simulate it for a little long and see if the link comes up. In parallel, please share your .xci file so that I can try to reproduce & investigate this at my end.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@smarell

Thank you very much for your fast response. Of course I share my *.xci-file. :)

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Just a small note: I checked the hierarchy and there are no black boxes. Furthermore there are no warnings while starting the simulation. So the hierarchy seems to be correct. For simplicity I post a screenshot.

Hierarchy.png

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@smarell

I think I did it. Because I was sure that I had another simulation with an Aurora 64b/66b running I compared the two projects. Then I saw I included a file named xxx_funcsim.v. I deleted this file as well as the appropriate related simulation files in the library and then it worked.

My guess is that there are the same entities in different files and the funcsim is not designed for simulation in Modelsim but was taken for simulation instead of the correct file.

Perhaps you can give me a note if my guess is correct.

Kind regards

Sebastian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos