UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Aurora 8b10b

Hello,

I've a question about GTX transceiver between SFPs through fiber optic cable. Should I use Aurora ip core to do that?

if yes , based on my knowledge Aurora doesn't support data rate more that 6.6 Gbps So, about 10G SFP what should I do?

and another question, Can I use just 7series fpga transceiver wizard  ip core to have a communication between SFPs? Or I must write an Aurora,too?

board: Kintex7

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Aurora 8b10b

Hi,

Aurora is a protocol. If your design requires the aurora protocol then you are free to use it.

You can simply use 7-series transceivers core for data transmission through SFP.

Aurora core is a wrapper built over GT. The aurora protocol can function for all the data rates that GT can operate.

Regards,
Krishna

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

about

If your design requires the aurora protocol then you are free to use it.

how can I realize that?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

The aurora protocol is used to transport data on high speed serial lanes.

Please go through this page- http://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/conn_central/grouping/aurora.htm

to get some idea on the benefits and features of aurora core. This may through some light on whether you need those features in your design or not.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos

For 10Gbps link, you could make use of Aurora 64B66B. If Aurora 8B10B needs to be used at this rate, you have to generate the GT wrapper from GT wizard and update the QPLL attributes as required.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------