cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Aurora IP Core - Disable Clock Compensation Sequence

I don't care about hot-swapping and I have boards that have a shared clock that is both phase and frequency locked.

How do I disable the clock compensation logic for my case?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Why do you want to disable it? Can you just leave it?

Do you need more bandwidth or less resource utilization?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have the tx/rx simplex example design for Aurora running on a KCU105 in a loopback.

The link goes down for ~600 cycles every so often - we can't go down that long, it is A) too much latency and B) would massively increase the amount of buffering we need to do.

I thought the link doing that was due to clock compensation, so I'd like to disable it or minimize it as much as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you mean "link down" to Aurora lane_up/channel_up or your data continuous transmission?

CC should not affect the Aurora link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It looks to me like tready is going down while channel bonding and/or clock compensation occurs - if this goes down, I'm unable to hand data to the core, so I have to buffer it externally.

The ~600 cycles I'm seeing are from channel bonding, and during that time it looks like tready is low, so I'd have to buffer a tremendous amount of data.

The cores are simplex - we do not have a back-channel, so the simplex TX core periodically asserts channel bonding. The best I think I can do (without going full duplex) is to feed back the "rx lane up" to the tx simplex core (1 line) so as to prevent recurring channel bonding (unless there's an error, of course).

So basically I'd need to control channel bonding in the case of a simplex design, in order for the core to continually accept data, unless there's something else I don't understand.

0 Kudos